LELE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

Can art change the world?

7 - 100%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%

Total des votes: 7

Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

[TED TALK] Use art to turn the world inside out...  Empty [TED TALK] Use art to turn the world inside out...

Sam 20 Oct - 11:30
Dear all,

If you are interested in art, the following video may interest you:

DEBATE: In your opinion, can art change the world?

Some questions to help you, if need be:
- Do you agree with JR's definition of art?
- What do you think of JR's project?
- Can art prevent conflicts from happening?
- What can you say about his last 'wish' ?

Feel free to express YOUR opinion. It is supposed to be a debate, I'm sure you all have different points of view!
celiaf

[TED TALK] Use art to turn the world inside out...  Empty Re: [TED TALK] Use art to turn the world inside out...

Lun 29 Oct - 20:33
To my mind, Art can of course change the world ! First, it can help us to understand life in general. Art can also provoke positives reactions and raise awareness. For example, Street-Art is really important because it's more free than « classical art ». Street-artists just show what they want to show, without filter or censure.

Thanks to his project « Face 2 face », the artist JR succeed to gather populations in conflicts. He actually took pictures of Palestinian and Israeli people doing the same job. He asked « Who is who » to several people, and they could'nt difference them !

He had another project entitled « Women are heroes ». He met loads of women who had different stories and pasts. He just exposed their photos on the walls of townships in order to show positive faces, instead of violence, trafficking, drugs… Thanks to that, JR created a bridge between anonymous women and medias. The latter were obligated to meet them and to ask about the project. The favela was turned on a neutral place of exchange and debate. It was not reduced as a poor, violent and bad place. That proves Art has a real impact on society and it's a good point.

Of course, Art can't stop all the conflicts and the world's problems but it can change the perceptions and the way we see the world. The people interviewed by JR were « Hungry of culture and Art ». These people need actually to talk together around pictures and Art in order to escape of the poverty or war. For me, Art is a way to be free.

Finally, the artist had a last wish adressed to the public (and by extension, to all of us). JR invite us to stand up for freedom or other causes. He incite us to participate in a global art project in order to turn together the world inside out. It's a really positive message and that means we can contribute to change the world in creating several forms of Art !

Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

[TED TALK] Use art to turn the world inside out...  Empty Re: [TED TALK] Use art to turn the world inside out...

Dim 4 Nov - 20:41
I completely agree with you Célia when you say that art is a means to set you free. Even if we cannot consider paintings or illustrations to be real weapons like guns or rifles, I think we should never forget the power of Art & words. We should always try to interpret an illustration and analyse it as best as we can to actually understand the world around us. We often associate art with paintings, but art can also be associated with music or pictures! I found this other very short video about this debate, if any of you is interested in it:

Contenu sponsorisé