LELE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

Control by Pawel Kuczyński Empty Control by Pawel Kuczyński

Mer 17 Oct - 19:25
Discuss the following illustration entitled 'Control' by Pawel Kuczyński.

Control by Pawel Kuczyński Contro14

1°) Express YOUR opinion & feelings about this illustration.

2°) According to you, why is it a satirical illustration?
anaelle.barbut

Control by Pawel Kuczyński Empty Re: Control by Pawel Kuczyński

Jeu 18 Oct - 18:33
I like this illustration because for me it is fun ! For me it's a satirical illustration because it denounce the fact that the teenagers are addicted to the videosgames and more particularly to "Pokemon GO" This image represents a "pikachu" which is sat on the neck of a boy and he control him. The boy is like possessed and tired.
ZoélieB

Mer 24 Oct - 19:52
I agree with you Anaelle ! It's about "Pokemon Go".

This painting represents a young man who is leaned and completely blinded by his phone. He doesn't see what happens around him. Pikachu, on a saddle on boy’s long neck, seems to guide him and to train him like a horse. It looks like he can't think by himself and is totally obsessed by his phone and his videogames. Colours are dark and sad, except Pikachu who is yellow.

And what about the title ?! Are we all « Control » by technologies ?

For me, this illustration is funny but worried for the future because people don't communicate anymore and are less sociables. We are too much influenced by techologies and we look like robots.

And you, what do you think about technologies and videogames ?
lara.gervasoni

Dim 28 Oct - 16:17
I agree with Zoélie, this image serves to denounce the dependence of people on their screens. By cons, unlike Zoélie and Anaëlle, I can not find this funny picture. The author uses exagrations (like the size of the neck) to make the image comic which allows him to insist on this dependence. What I see is a man without expressions, who feels nothing, as if his phone was the only thing that mattered. The dominant color, gray is a cold, neutral color. I think it's a satirical illustration because it's a warning of a future that might be ours.
CéliaD

Jeu 1 Nov - 15:58
I find each of your answers interesting and correct. Nonetheless, let me expose my analysis of this illustration.

As you all said, this situation representing Pikatchu (the most famous Pokemon) controlling a teenage boy who is staring at his phone easily lets us deduct that he is playing 'Pokemon Go'.
This picture denounces the fact that the youth became addicted and dependant to this game. It critises it which seemed fun with all of its cute animals but which finally made zombie teenagers.

Personnaly, when I look at it, I feel bad and sad for those poor addicted people. And it also makes me wonder what is the future of this inconscious youth.

I invite you, who is reading my comment, to express your opinion. Smile
Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

Dim 4 Nov - 20:56
This illustration must be the most famous one from Mr. Kuczyński. Your analyses of 'Control' are quite striking and your interpretations are very enriching! I think that from now on, you'll all know how to recognise a satirical illustration. Always remember that art is a weapon that often reveals the ills of society. Try to keep an eye open on this artist's illustrations as they may help us to understand the world around us.
FannyN

Jeu 15 Nov - 21:55
In this photo we see that this young man is addict on the phone and especially this game in particular "pokémon go". It is a representation to denounce the addiction to the screens at the young people of today.
Contenu sponsorisé